Die-casting is a kind of pressure casting part. It uses a pressure-casting mechanical die-casting machine equipped with a casting mold to pour the heated liquid copper, zinc, aluminum or aluminum alloy into the inlet of the die-casting machine, and pass it through the die-casting machine. Die casting is to cast copper, zinc, aluminum parts or aluminum alloy parts of the shape and size restricted by the mold. Such parts are usually called die-casting parts.
Compared with ordinary workpieces, die-casting parts have the following 7 advantages:
1. Die castings have high precision, stable dimensions, good consistency, and small machining allowances.
2. Able to die-cast threads, lines, text, pictures and symbols: The die-casting filling process is always carried out under the effect of pressure, and the shapes of peaks, valleys, convexities, and narrow grooves can be clearly die-casted. Therefore, die-casting can extrude very clear threads, lines, text, pictures and symbols.
3. Die-casting parts can be coated and surface treated: due to the increasing use of die-casting parts, in order to meet the needs of users, the surface of die-casting parts can be coated and surface-treated, such as electroplating, anodizing, polishing, and organic maintenance coating. Layering, painting, sandblasting, pickling, etc. Then reach the demand for decoration or maintenance.
4. Choosing the insert casting method in the die-casting mold can save the installation process and simplify the production process: parts of other materials (such as steel, iron, copper, alloy, aluminum, etc.) can be embedded in the die-casting parts to save valuable materials And processing man-hours, and can obtain messy-shaped parts and parts with outstanding functions.
5. Die-casting parts are densely arranged, with high strength and hardness: because the liquid metal cools quickly in the die. Together they crystallize under pressure, so the metal grains near the surface of the die-casting part are finer and arranged finely. Improve the appearance hardness. The tensile strength of die castings can be 25%-30% greater than that of sand castings. However, the elongation rate is reduced.
6. Die-casting production power is very high: the production process of zinc-aluminum die-casting is easy to mechanize and automate. Generally, the cold chamber die-casting machine can die-cast 600 times every eight hours, and the hot-press chamber die-casting machine can die-cast 3000 times every eight hours. Since the die-casting process is mainly completed on the die-casting machine, it is easy to automate the production process.
7. Thin wall and shape of castings. Messy and clear: the small wall thickness of aluminum alloy die-casting parts can be 0.3mm, the aluminum alloy die-casting parts can be 4.5mm, the diameter of the small casting hole can be 0.7mm; the small pitch of the castable thread is 0.75mm.