Aluminum Die Casting is a common die casting part. The aluminum and aluminum alloy heated to a liquid state is cast into the material port with a die casting machine, and the parts are manufactured by the die casting machine. After die-casting, aluminum alloy die-casting parts can be made into various complicated shapes, and have high precision and smoothness, which can not only save electricity and metal materials but also save bad labor costs. Today, we will discuss the selection of the parting surface of aluminum alloy die casting. The contact surface between the movable die and the fixed die casting die is usually called the parting surface. The parting surface is determined by the parting line of the die casting. The joint surface perpendicular to the direction of the mold locking force is the basic parting surface. Generally speaking, a die casting mold has only one parting surface. Due to the complexity of castings, sometimes there are more than two auxiliary parting surfaces.
According to the shape of the parting surface, the parting surface of the die-casting mold can be divided into four types: straight, inclined, stepped and curved. The direct parting surface is simple in structure, convenient to manufacture, and widely used. For the stepped parting surface, a gating system is generally installed on one of the step surfaces, and an overflow system is installed on the other step surface to facilitate the filling and discharging of molten metal.
Many factors need to be considered when determining the parting surface. Therefore, in the selection of the parting surface, in addition to the structural characteristics of aluminum alloy die castings and the arrangement of the gating system. The processing technology and assembly technology of aluminum alloy die-casting molds and the demolding conditions of die-casting parts should be comprehensively considered and determined. The principles for determining the parting surface are:
1. The casting must stay in the movable mold when opening the mold and be easy to take out from the mold cavity.
2. Parts with different shaft degrees and high dimensional accuracy requirements should be placed in the same mold half as much as possible.
3. The parting surface is generally not set on the surface with high-quality requirements.
4. The setting of the parting surface should be conducive to the setting of the gating system, eliminate burrs, flashes, gates, etc., and be conducive to coating
5. The setting of the parting surface should try to simplify the structure of the aluminum alloy die casting, and fully consider the casting performance of the alloy.
Yuyao Weilong Industry Co., Ltd. is an Aluminum Die Casting Factory and many other Die Castings. Welcome to visit our official website.